Grant Writing Next Steps: A Proposal Workshop For Faculty
Thursdays, August 13 and August 20 | 10:00 - 11:00 AM | via Zoom
Day 1 (August 13): Will include grant writing best practices and techniques and will prepare you for editing the work of your fellow participants, with time to answer your specific questions. We will focus on:
- What should be in the initial pages of a grant to keep a reviewer reading
- How to revise a grant
- What kind of feedback to ask from collaborators and mentors
- Top 5 mistakes even experienced grant writers make
- After the meeting we will email to you 2 x 1 page overviews to review.
Day 2 (August 20): We will group you with those whose paper you reviewed so that you can discuss feedback. When we regroup, we will discuss what has been helpful and what questions you have going forward. We will review examples of how and why external grants were successful.
1. Commit to participate both days: August 13 and 20, 10am – 11am
2. Submit a one-page draft of your proposal overview by August 7. If you are applying to NSF, this will be your Specific Aims. If you are applying to a different funder, the presenter will email you information on what to submit. Samples will be emailed to you as well. These will be read by colleagues who will provide feedback based on questions provided by presenter.
3. Commit 20 minutes on your own, between meetings, to review one-page drafts from two fellow participants.